Saturday’s record: 7-1; for the season: 61-17
The College Football Playoff Shakeup (This week): Another week, another shakeup. Those who lost: Baylor, Stanford, LSU, Utah, Miss. St. UCLA and Temple
The Yogi Berra “It ain’t over until it’s over Award” goes to….Arizona. The Wildcats outlasted Utah on 2 OTs, 37-30.
The 2nd place Yogi Berra “It ain’t over until it’s over Award” goes to…Oregon. The Ducks knocked away a Kevin Hogan pass for a 2-point conversion with :08 to play in the 4th Qtr. to upset the Cardinal 38-36 in Eugene.
Upset of the Weekend: Oklahoma over Baylor. The Sooners outscored the previously unbeaten Bears 44-34 on a rainy night in Waco.
Upset of the Weekend, 2nd Place: Arkansas over LSU. The Hogs beat LSU 31-14 in Baton Rouge. They held Tigers running back Leonard Fournette to one TD and 91 yards rushing, while Hog runners rushed for 299 against LSU.
The Heisman Watch:
· Alabama running back Derrick Henry carried 22 times for 204 and 2 TDs, of 74 and 65 yards respectively, as the Tide swamped Miss. St. in Starkville.
· Clemson QB Deshaun Watson passed for 360 yds. and 2 TDs, and ran for 105 and a TD, as the Tigers beat Syracuse on the road.
· TCU QB Trevone Boykin was 5 for 8 passing and no TDs before leaving the game with an ankle injury as the Horned Frogs struggled to beat winless Kansas 23-17 in Fort Worth.
· LSU running back Leonard Fournette had his second game in a row of fewer than 100 yards as he ran 19 times for 91 yards and one TD as the Tigers lost at home to Arkansas.
· Florida State running back Dalvin Cook ran 22 times for 138 and 2 TDs and surpassed Warrick Dunn to become the ‘Noles single season rushing leader as Fla. St. beat NC State 34-17.
· Ohio State running back Ezekiel Elliott ran 27 times for 181 and 2 TDs as the Buckeyes beat the Illini. Zeke now has 20 games with at least100 rushing yards and has tied Eddie George for 2nd most 100 yard games in Buckeye history.
The Warner Wolf Award (FBS) goes to…Rice. If you had the Owls and 54, you lost! Final: Sou. Miss. 65, Rice 10.
The Warner Wolf Award (FCS) goes to…Texas Southern…that lost by 52. Final: Alcorn St. 65, Texas Southern 13.
The Warner Wolf Award (Div. II) goes to…Cheney. If you had Cheney and 62, you lost! Indiana (PA) 62, Cheney 0.
The Warner Wolf Award (Div. III) goes to…Maranatha Baptist. If you had M.B. and 63, you lost! MacMurray 71, Maranatha Baptist 7.
You took the “Over,” right??? 1st Place: 103. Texas Tech 59, K. State 44.
You took the “Over,” right? 2nd Place: In Div. III…106. Final: Bridgewater State 64, Mass. Maritime 42.
You took the “Under,” right? 3. Final: Cornell 3, Columbia 0.
The rankings for this week’s CFP will be out on Tuesday. Here’s the link: http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/#home0
Looking ahead to next weekend; Key games for ranked teams: Clemson hosts Wake Forest; Alabama will desperately try to fend off upset-minded Charleston Southern in Tuscaloosa; Ohio State hosts Michigan State; Oklahoma State hosts Baylor; Oklahoma hosts TCU; Notre Dame vs. Boston College (at Fenway [que the Dropkick Murphys]) Michigan @ Penn State and Harvard @ Yale.
The best link for college football TV schedule: http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm
Sources: ncaa.com; lsufootball.net